1. Principles for processing personal data
Our principles for processing personal data are:
- Fairness and lawfulness. When we process personal data, the individual rights of the Data Subjects must be protected. All personal data must be collected and processed in a legal and fair manner.
- Restricted to a specific purpose. The personal data of Data Subject must be processed only for specific purposes.
- Transparency. The Data Subject must be informed of how his/her data is being collected, processed and used.
2. What personal data we collect and process
Social Nomads collects several different types of personal data for various purposes. Personal Data may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
3. How we use the personal data
Social Nomads uses the collected personal data for various purposes:
- To provide you with services
- To notify you about changes to our services and/or products
- To provide customer support
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our services:
Social Nomads maintains general data with regard to visitor behaviour. This is done via your own statistics as well as via Google Analytics. The purpose of following this behaviour is to be able to optimise the website to the wishes of the visitor.
Use is also made of so-called cookies, which are also used to optimise your user experience. These are simple small files that are placed on your computer, in which data is stored with regard to your visiting behaviour. These cookies are used, among other things, to keep track of last viewed titles.In addition to your own cookies, a cookie from Google is also placed as part of the “Analytics” service. We use this service to keep track of and get reports on how visitors use the website. Google can provide this information to third parties, but only if Google is legally required to do so, or insofar as third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. We have no influence on this.The information that Google collects is made anonymous as much as possible. Your IP address is explicitly not given. The information is transferred to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. If desired, you can disable the acceptance of cookies through your browser. However, this has the consequence that certain linked functionalities no longer work on the site and via any other Social Nomads channels. However, the majority of the functionalities will continue to work properly without cookies. By using our website you consent to the processing of this information.Cookies and pixel tags are used to collect aggregated data regarding traffic on and interaction with the website and newsletter, so that we can identify trends and obtain statistical data to improve the website and newsletter.
Who we share personal information with
Your information is shared with others in the following ways:
Apps, websites and integrations of external parties that use or are present in our Products.
- Devices and operating systems that offer native versions of Social Nomads(for which we have not developed our own apps), have access to all information that you share with it, including information that your friends share with you, so that they can offer you our core functionality.
- If our ownership of or control over all or part of our Products and associated resources changes, we may transfer your information to the new owner.
- With other companies that fall under Social Nomads, to run the site.
- With our suppliers and service providers who work for us, for example: payment processors, technical partners and delivery companies.
- With our professional and legal advisors.
- With third parties involved in fraud prevention and detection.
- With law enforcement agencies or other government agencies, for example to report a fraud or in response to a legal request.
- Otherwise, for which we have your permission or is legally permitted to do so.
4. Legal basis for collecting and processing personal data
Social Nomads legal basis for collecting and using the personal data described in this Data Protection Policy depends on the personal data we collect and the specific context in which we collect the information:
- Social Nomads needs to perform a contract with you
- You have given Social Nomads permission to do so
- Processing your personal data is in Social Nomads legitimate interests
- Social Nomads needs to comply with the law
5. Retention of personal data
Social Nomads will retain your personal information only for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out in this Data Protection Policy.
Social Nomads will retain and use your information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our policies.
When you leave a comment on our site, you can indicate whether your name, your e-mail address and website may be stored in a cookie. We do this for your convenience so that you do not have to enter this information again for a new response. These cookies are valid for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will store a temporary cookie to determine whether your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal information and is deleted as soon as you close your browser.
As soon as you log in, we will store some cookies in connection with your login information and screen display options. Login cookies are valid for 2 days and cookies for screen display options for 1 year. If you select “Remember me”, your login will be saved for 2 weeks. As soon as you log out of your account, login cookies are deleted.
When you change or publish a message, an additional cookie is stored by your browser. This cookie does not contain any personal data and only contains the post ID of the item that you have edited. This cookie expired after a day.
6. Data protection rights
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. If you wish to be informed what personal data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you
- The right of rectification
- The right to object
- The right of restriction
- The right to data portability
- The right to withdraw consent